The entire Fond du Lac community is invited to join the Young Professionals of Fond du Lac (YPF) for eight days of exploration, development and fun; all happening April 22-29, 2017.
YPWeek Wisconsin is modeled after a program started by NEWaukee (a Milwaukee area young professionals network) in 2012 to provide a week long series of events focusing on discovery, adventure and meaningful conversations about the issues that matter to young professionals in the area. YPWeek Wisconsin has continued to reach across the state with the support of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) since 2015, and its participants have collaborated with the agency on a shared communication platform designed to retain, excite, and grow the state’s talent pool. YPWeek incorporates this platform into its programming, leveraging “Think-Make-Happen,” an organizing theme. In 2017, the expansion of YPWeek Wisconsin includes 25 communities that will host over 175 events and 30 public projects throughout the week empowering young professionals to take ownership and pride in their hometowns.
“YPWeek is an exciting time for Wisconsin as twenty-five communities across the state collaboratively hold nearly 200 events to engage the state in development and networking,” stated Nick Nell of Mercury Marine, 2017 YPF President. “YPWeek is an excellent way for young professionals to give back, engage and showcase the wonderful communities we call home.”
YPWeek in Fond du Lac is sponsored by Society Insurance. The diverse listing of local events includes a presentation on Human Trafficking in Fond du Lac and Wisconsin, a workshop on using Snapchat and Instagram for Business, an exclusive first look at the Dock Spiders’ Stadium (exclusive for YPF members), fireside chats at Grande Cheese Company, a charity kickball tournament and so much more! For a complete list of events and opportunities throughout the state, visit www.ypweek.com. The Fond du Lac YPWeek schedule is as follows:
- Presentation on Human Trafficking in Fond du Lac and Wisconsin on Monday, April 24 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at St. Agnes Hospital’s Plaza Level Conference Room
- Snapchat and Instagram for Business on Tuesday, April 25 from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. at Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts
- Dock Spiders Stadium Tour (exclusive for YPF members) on Wednesday, April 26 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Marian University’s Herr-Baker Field
- Money Smart Week – Networking P.O.W.E.R. with Adam Carroll on Wednesday, April 26 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts
- Fireside Chats on Thursday, April 27 from 4:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Grande Cheese Company’s Home Office and Research Center
- “Sweet” Networking on Friday, April 28 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Annie’s Fountain City Café
- Kickin’ for a Cause kickball tournament benefiting Solutions Center on Saturday, April 29 beginning at 10:00 a.m. at McDermott Park
All events are open to the public, with the exception of the Dock Spiders Stadium Tour. Pre-registration is required. To register, visit www.ypfdl.org or call 920.921.9500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We welcome all community members to join us in our celebration of YPWeek to experience some of the many topics which are meaningful to young professionals. We hope to provide the community with meaningful learning experiences and engaging social interactions,” said Nell. “Please join us at any of our events for exciting opportunities for discovery, adventure and meaningful conversation.”
YPF is a division of the Fond du Lac Area Association of Commerce and is designed for professionals living or working in the Fond du Lac area who are 21 – 40 or those that are young at heart. For more information, visit www.ypfdl.org.