Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012
While workforce planning has been around for a number of years, all too often it is seen as just another HR initiative because there are no hard links to business plans or strategy. However, there is a growing amount of international research and documentation that demonstrates the link between the application of workforce planning processes, targeted workforce development strategies and increased productivity. Businesses can apply workforce planning to their business decision-making process to better position themselves as competitors for the tight labor market.
Join the Fond du Lac Area HR Association on Tuesday, February 21, as Helen Englebert presents an overview of the key components of workforce planning necessary to build successful organizations:
· Understand the importance of workforce planning
· Need to assess the organization and its workforce
· Use of a workforce planning model to aid in demand/supply, gap and solution analysis
· Development of a future-oriented competency model for succession planning
· Evaluation of the effectiveness of planned changes and impact on business performance
Speaker: Helen Engelbert, Moraine Park Technical College, SPHR, CPP
As part of the Economic and Workforce Development area of Moraine Park Technical College, Helen Englebert partners with organizations to identify their development needs and to provide performance-minded solutions to support their business strategies. Helen is also the state Workforce Readiness Director for the Wisconsin Council-Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Registration: 7:15 a.m.
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 8 - 9:30 a.m.